I had been invited to breakfast and it was wonderful to sit and talk to some of the children as they munched through their rice crispies, shreddies and toast washed down with drinks of milk and water. It's an incredibly popular breakfast club which provides wrap around care from 8am until 6pm everyday of the week. Gill Martin and her small team at the Kids Club are doing a great job.
I also had the chance to talk to Hazel Willis, headteacher at Green Lane, and to walk around this wonderful school with Hazel where we managed to catch the first proper 'Wake Up and Shake Up' session the school had done. The things that struck me about Hazel's school were the really talented learning team, the quality of the learning environment and the fabulous art work.
What makes Garforth Green Lane Primary School such a brilliant school?
- caring, focused and passionate leadership;
- clear, shared vision, values and beliefs driving all aspects of the work of the school;
- strong, dynamic and wonderful relationships;
- a talented, brilliant, gorgeous and wonderful learning team who passionately believe in what they are doing;
- high expectations of every child and the whole learning team;
- inspiring teaching and learning within a nurturing culture and a wonderful learning environment full of brilliant art work;
- high parental support, engagement and involvement..... and
- some talented, brilliant, gorgeous and wonderful young people!
Hazel and her learning team are doing a brilliant job and have created a fantastic learning environment for the children in a really great school.