It's a starter for ten but I think that really great leaders...
- Let go of things others can do.
- Encourage initiative, ideas, and risk taking.
- Ensure that people have clear goals and know how they're doing.
- Delegate to challenge, develop, and empower.
- Coach to ensure success.
- Constantly reinforce good work and good attempts.
- Share information, knowledge, and skills.
- Value, trust, and respect each colleague.
- Provide support without taking over.
- Practice what they preach.
I thought we should create a list...
- Really great leaders coach, mentor and develop colleagues talents and abilities;
- Really great leaders nurture, empathise and support colleagues through good and bad times;
- Really great leaders constantly communicate, explain and clarify a shared vision, values and beliefs;
- Really great leaders engage, trust and empower colleagues to be passionate and commited advocates;
- Really great leaders develop colleagues and encourage their passionate participation;
- Really great leaders develop the culture by recognising colleagues strengths and differences;
- Really great leaders celebrate and reward colleagues achievements.
Let me know your list.