Friday 22 May 2009

I received this wonderful letter from Geraldine Connor, Artistic Director, Musician, Composer, Arts Consultant, Academic and creator of Carnival Messiah...

"Dear Mr Edwards,
LEEDS BI-CENTENARY TRANSFORMATION PROJECT LAUNCH EVENT

I write to apologise for my non-attendance at the Leeds Civic Hall yesterday. of such an historic and important event. I was really not well enough to attend, however, I was absolutely certain by just looking at the proposed programme, that the event was going to be an immense success. Therefore, I would like to take this opportunity offer my heartfelt congratulations to you and your team for the outstanding impact you have and continue to make on the cultural and educational landscape of Leeds. The continued successful interventions of the Leeds Bi-Centenary Transformation Project in parallel with Education Leeds independently and through the Stephen Lawrence Education Standard in Leeds, are providing a template of excellence and good practice that is now set to be replicated nationally and internationally. I congratulate you all ! I look forward to, if not actually contributing to this Project’s continued success myself, at least monitoring at close quarter, its continued and dynamic, exponential growth. Yours sincerely, Geraldine Connor"

It was a brilliant event but it is fantastic to receive such praise from such a talented and influential woman who has done so much for the arts and to promote diversity, equality and talent here in Leeds, regionally and nationally.
Chris

No comments: