Thursday 26 November 2009

I moved on again to Cookridge Primary School to attend their International Celebration...

My colleague Jo Speak had asked me to attend and I arrived part way through their Cultural Cabaret which involved a rich blend of dance and singing from Spain, Mexico and Africa. I was particularly struck by the youngest children who were signing and signing to Spanish songs. The older children also sang 'Drop in the Ocean' which is one of my favourites. A colleague from the British Council had travelled up from London to present Stuart Tomlinson, the headteacher, with its 'International School Award' and I was asked to present Young Global Citizen of Cookridge Primary School Awards to a group of young people who had made a significant contribution already in the school. It was a great afternoon celebrating some incredible work at the school and everyone who attended had a wonderful time.
Chris

No comments: