I had attended the launch event in June for the Yorkshire Bank's 150th Anniversary Community Awards which were focused in four key areas; environment, volunteering, regeneration and education and I was delighted to be asked to attend this afternoon's event to present the education awards. In each category the winning project received £10,000 with four runners up each receiving £5,000. A further twenty awards of £1,000 were made. The overall winning project also received a further £10,000.
It was a brilliant evening for Leeds..
- Lineham Farm Children's Centre won the environment award;
- Growing Zone Group from Kippax won the volunteering award;
- Caudwell Children from Stoke on Trent won the regeneration award with Harehills Youth in Partnership achieving one of the runners up awards;
- Lancashire Education Business Partnership won the education award; and finally
- Caudwell Children won the overall award.
It was a wonderful way to recognise Yorkshire Bank's 150th by supporting charities and voluntary groups in these four key areas and fantastic that three Leeds organisations received major awards.