Wednesday 3 March 2010

My friend and ex-colleague Gervase Phinn sent me a lovely letter today which went a long way to cheer me up after the challenges of yesterday...

'Dear Chris, I was visiting Leeds Trinity University College earlier this week to receive a Fellowship and to give an evening lecture and, on the invitation of the headteacher, spent a day working with the children at Rawdon St Peter's CE Primary School. I thought I would drop you a line to say what a splendid school it is - cheerful, welcoming and optimistic with a keen staff and delightful children. I am speaking at the Lord Mayor of Leeds Charity Dinner later this year. Maybe you will be there and we can catch up on things. Keep up the good work Chris. Everyone speaks very highly of what you are doing in Leeds. With best wishes. Yours sincerely Gervase.

Gervase and I worked together in North Yorkshire and he is a fantastic speaker and like me loves great schools and great children. I am delighted that he liked his visit to Rawdon St Peter's CE Primary School which is one of my favourite places.
Chris

No comments: