Three great events and three great schools spliced together with meetings about provision in Zhejiang Province in China, further developing the Breeze youth festival and managing the National Challenge.
The three events were the 'Good to Great' conference at the Town Hall, the Bursars and School Administrators Conference at Elland Road and the Leadership Forum at Weetwood Hall. The three schools were Haigh Road Infant School, Harewood CE Primary School and St Luke's CE Primary School. Three wonderful little schools releasing the magic in their communities.
So after such an exhausting week what have I learned? I think the things that make brilliant events, brilliant schools and brilliant organisations are...
- strong, disciplined, focused and passionate leadership;
- clear, shared vision, values and beliefs underpinning everything;
- a talented, energetic, enthusiastic and creative team;
- a rich, exciting and engaging offer;
- a powerful, stimulating and interesting learning place;
- confident, creative and passionate use of appropriate strategies and approaches to release the magic;
- high shared expectations of everyone;
- deep and meaningful relationships;
- beautiful systems to track and support high performance; and
- high engagement and involvement.
I need your help here and would welcome feedback... is this the recipe for outstanding... for releasing a very special magic or have I missed something?