Wednesday 21 March 2007

It's funny but a colleague today asked me why I don't put the negative stories on my blog. Interestingly I know that some of my colleagues won't like the answer...

It's a great question and one of my many failings is that I tend to praise in public and challenge in private. I know from experience that it can lead to people thinking I am the most positive person in the world but actually I'm not... I do get angry, I do get frustrated and I do get cross! I do get frustrated with the pace at which things are improving or changing. I do get angry with people who don't seem to care less about children and young people. I do think that some people I work with should look elsewhere for joy and job satisfaction. I would happily wave goodbye to people who don't share my passion, my enthusiasm, my energy and my commitment to children, young people, families and communities here in Leeds... because it is simply too important not to be totally engaged with this agenda!

I don't know if you saw the latest M&S advert but it's brilliant...

Plan A

Our Mission

To work with anyone who shares our vision, our values, our beliefs and our expectations to ensure that every school in Leeds is good, improving and inclusive and to work with colleagues in Children's Services, with parents, carers, and communities to ensure that every child and every young person in Leeds is happy, healthy, safe and increasingly successful.

... whatever it takes!

AND by the way...
... there is NO Plan B!

Keep the faith...
Chris

No comments: