My life is brilliant...
I went on to Holy Trinity CE Primary School in Cookridge where Kevin Dagg leads a wonderful team for another six days before he retires. I think Kevin has been headteacher for seventeen years and he has built an outstanding school. I had the opportunity to visit classroomswith Kevin and Rev. John Hamilton, the Chair of Governors. It was wonderful to see the calm and caring atmosphere, the purposeful learning and to meet the learning team and the children.
The highlights of my visit were meeting two of Kevin's team who have trained as teachers at the school having started as classroom assistants... these wonderful colleagues are examples to us all in terms of what you can achieve if you put your mind to it. I also met the fantastic Year 6 who were all learning British Sign Language and attended an inspiring assembly where the wonderful choir and two incredible children sang beautifully.
What makes Holy Trinity CE Primary School such a brilliant school?
- strong, experienced and passionate leadership;
- Christian vision, values and beliefs driving the work of the school;
- a committed learning team who passionately believe in what they are doing;
- high shared expectations of children and the whole learning team;
- strong, dynamic and wonderful relationships;
- inspiring teaching within a nurturing culture;
- high parental support, engagement and involvement.... and
- some talented, brilliant, gorgeous and wonderful young people!
Kevin and his learning team do a brilliant job and have created a fantastic learning environment for the children in a really great school.