Thursday 6 November 2008

My colleague Maxine Squire, one of our Secondary School Improvement Advisers sent me this...

"Chris, I just wanted to let you know about a really wonderful event I attended at the West SILC (Milestone) today. The SILC has been recognised as a regional centre of excellence for MOVE and it was really wonderful to see the impact of the work that has been done by Sarah and the team at Hollybush and Milestone resulting in the young people involved gaining increased mobility as a result of the dedication and hard work of the staff.


The representatives from MOVE spoke about how impressed they are with the quality of the work being done at the West SILC and described the Hollybush partnership as being "inclusion in its truest sense".

It was fantastic to be able to share in the celebrations with the pupils and staff and to recognise their briliant achievement in becoming a regional centre of excellence - which is why I wanted to share their achievement with you. Kind regards Maxine."

Thank Maxine for letting me know about this. I couldn't make it but I am really glad you did and were able to celebrate the brilliant work they are doing at the West SILC.
Chris

No comments: