Friday 28 September 2007

I met Sue Knights at the '14-19 Conference' at the David Young Community Academy today...

Sue is Chair of the parents forum at the NWSilc and they are organising a brilliant event for parents and carers of children with disabilities at the Civic Hall on 17 October. Sue sent me this e-mail.

"Chris, I thought you might like to see the updated website which we are running, sadly I am not the worlds best speller or typist. At one o'clock in the morning I'm even worse so will rectify some errors. I was rather hoping you would give feed back on it and perhaps a letter for our letter page. I can add the education leeds web page as a link for people if you give permission. The event is now gaining a large degree of interest from outside of Leeds both from professionals and families. Rotherham, York, Harrogate, Doncaster, Brighton and Newcastle. It does appear Leeds seems to be leading the way with this event I would like you to consider helping finance this as an annual event. ....... Sue."

I hope that everyone will help Sue and her forum members wito make this really important event a great success. You can visit their website at http://nwsilcparentsforum.co.uk
Chris

No comments: