Saturday 3 November 2007

At the end of the day yesterday, I spent a stimulating and interesting hour with Paul Kaiserman, Claire Biggs and Jo Richardson from our Artforms team...

I am going to London on Monday to the 'Next Practice in Radical Pedagogy Workshop' with the Paul Hamlyn Foundation and the DCSF Innovation Unit. The workshop builds on the Musical Futures work that we have been doing here in Leeds and Paul, Claire and Jo talked me through the learning that has gone on. They had spent the morning at the 'Embracing Diversity, Cultural Literacy and Reaping the Benefits' session led by Rosemary Campbell-Stephens during the morning. She had apparently been brilliant and the session had been both stimulating and challenging.

I am constantly amazed at the real insights colleagues bring to their work and the deep learning that is going on across Education Leeds. Paul, Claire and Jo are brilliant colleagues who helped me think and made some real connections for me in terms of how we can re-engineer secondary provision to deliver brilliant learning more consistently and ensure that young people are powerfully and passionately engaged in their learning.
Chris

No comments: