Friday 17 October 2008

My colleague Jenny Davies, BSF Communications Support Assistant, sent me this after she accompanied one of the Swedish teachers groups to the West Oaks SILC...

"Dear Chris, Just a quick note to tell you how fabulous all the staff and students at West Oaks SILC were in welcoming our Swedish visitors. Everything about the day was planned in the utmost detail, and with so much care and attention that we really felt that we had gained an accurate picture of the excellent work they do there. To get the pupils to cook us a three course meal, eat with us, and interview us was inspired! I must confess of being slightly in awe of the personalised provision, and will certainly take away many of their ideas to use in my future teaching. The thing that really summed it up for me was just seeing the joy on every child's face - they were learning through having fun (surely the best way). I hope that you can pass on my thanks, and that of the Swedish vice-principals, to all the staff at the school for a wonderful day. Best wishes, Jenny."

Thanks for the feedback Jenny. I agree that it is a brilliant learning place with an amazing team releasing real magic with these very special young people.

Chris


No comments: