Wednesday 15 October 2008

Terry Sweeney, Chief Executive of RM, our strategic partner for ICT visited Leeds at the end of last week and sent me this e-mail after his visit...

"Hi Chris, I wanted to drop you a line to say how inspired I was by my visit to Allerton High School and Pudsey Grange last Friday. I have spoken to colleagues and friends (both inside and outside Education) about how inspired and excited I was by what I witnessed at the schools. It is clear to me that the schools have extremely strong leadership with a very clear vision about how they are improving teaching and learning in their new schools. I genuinely believe you are creating world class schooling exemplars in Leeds that will help prepare the young people who attend them for the challenges they will face as they move on through their education and ultimately for the world of work they will enter. I am resolved to make sure that the issues that we have had at the schools get fixed as quickly as possible and I held a full internal review of the situation with colleagues yesterday to this end. I am fully committed to ensuring we can focus our efforts on working as a part of the LEP, and to play our part in the educational transformation that is taking place in Leeds. Best regards, Terry"

It is brilliant to know that we have strong, successful and determined partners working with us here in Leeds to build brilliant provision for our young people. It is also great to hear that what we are doing is world class!
Chris

No comments: