“Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide on, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage. Peace has its victories but it takes brave men and women to win them.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
There is so much negativity around… so many people who only see the glass half empty… who see problems not opportunities… want to criticise rather than congratulate. OK we know that expectations have increased, working hours are long, the demands are relentless and the technology simply piles on the pressure, because there is no escape any more and nowhere you can hide. But there is another way…
If we are going to continue to be a brilliant learning place we must…
- Adopt an athletic mindset …. prepare, review and train.
- Remember successes…. focus on what has gone well.
- Learn from everything… review, analyse and evaluate.
- Don’t get bogged down by setbacks… use them to learn and do better.
- Control things… be prepared and be organised.
- Focus on success… use visualisation and affirmation techniques.
- Look after ourselves and each other… eat well, exercise and relax.
- Manage attitudes…be optimistic and be positive.
- Seek challenges… get feedback to improve our performance.
- Create a brilliant working environment… play to our strengths
"Winning is about individuals performing when the going gets tough, not when it’s easy."
Keep the faith